Air Conditioning System:
- Check your A/C’s filters at the end of every month, clean or replace as needed.
- Perform your A/C’s annual system maintenance service during the spring to avoid the busy summer season.
- Keep the condensing unit free of debris.
- Trim shrubs and plants near the condensing unit to ensure proper airflow and circulation.
- Check your condensing unit’s fins to see if they are bent. If so, you can find replacements at your local hardware store.
- Listen for abnormal noises in the starting and standard operation of you’re A/C.
- Check your furnace filters every month, clean or replace as needed.
- Smell around the appliance for gas odors.
- Visually inspect exhaust vent for rust, damage or deterioration.
- Inspect the fan belt for cracking or fraying.
- Have annual system maintenance service performed during the fall to avoid the busy winter season.
- Become familiar with normal operation sound.
- Before working with wires or electrical connections, check them with a voltage tester to be sure they are dead.
- Leave a warning message that you are working on the circuit at the service panel, and tape the circuit breaker in the off position. With a fuse box, take the fuse out.
- Plumbing and gas piped are often used to ground electrical systems. Never touch them while working with electricity.
- Don’t use metal ladders with overhead electricity.
- Toilet paper should be the only paper product flushed down a toilet.
- Maintain water softener according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Water filters and ice maker filters should be changed according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Drain water heater tank to remove sediment according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Treat drains once a month to prevent clogs whether it seems like they need it or not.
- Locate your main water shut-off valve, ensure it is in working condition and know how to shut it off.